International Scholarship Programme
The Dutch College of General Practitioners, as the official organiser of the WONCA Europe 2021 Conference, offers a scholarship programme to provide the opportunity for young family physicians/general practitioners from Europe to attend. Because of the corona pandemic, the conference will be organised as a virtual conference.
WONCA delegates come from many countries around Europe. Sometimes it is difficult for a delegate to cover the costs for attendance on their own, especially if they live in low- or middle-income countries. Particularly for such participants, we offer financial support as in a scholarship to attend.
As the Dutch College of General Practitioners is celebrating its 65th anniversary in 2021, there are 65 scholarships available.
Goals of the International Scholarship Programme
- Advance family medicine in Europe
- Assist nations with the need and potential for improving healthcare and reducing inequity
The selected nominee receives a bursary covering registration fees to attend the virtual WONCA Europe Conference on 6-10 July 2021.
Requirements for Eligibility
- Must have completed medical studies, be in specialisation training as a general practitioner (GP trainee) or early practice of family medicine (GP specialist).
- Must have a good knowledge of English.
- Must be supported by an official body (Ministry of Health, Medical Chamber) or at best by the country’s family/general practice organisation (if one exists).
- Must provide a motivational letter.
Priority is given to applicants who provide accepted abstracts for the WONCA Europe Conference 2021, but it is not a necessary condition.
Priority is given to participants from low income and middle-income countries according to the World Bank classification system – see Countries | Data (worldbank.org)
Criteria for Selection
- Personal need for financial support.
- Strengthening of personal professional development.
- Potential for contributing to the development of family medicine in their home country.
- Regional needs and benefits for the home country.